Wes Hickman (202 224-5972) or Kevin Bishop (864 250-1417)
-- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced the South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault will receive a $169,756 grant.
The funds will be used to:
- Increase coalition building among survivors, women of color, rural and child advocacy groups;
- Finalize the development of a statewide domestic violence needs assessment tool;
- Develop standards for domestic violence member groups;
- Provide training for new and current domestic violence and sexual assault program staff; and
- Develop and conduct a conference for law enforcement professionals on domestic violence and sexual assault.
“Domestic violence and sexual assault are devastating crimes,” said Graham. “We must punish the offenders and offer support to victims.”
The grant was awarded by the U.S. Department of Justice.