WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today attended an event at Boeing to celebrate the manufacturer’s nearly $37 billion dollar deal with Saudi Arabian airlines.
- “I remember when we first came down here and the question was: Could South Carolina do it [build airplanes]? And the answer is: Hell yeah! We did it! You did it. This is a big deal.”
- “You want the best product available. For Saudi Arabia that was the Boeing 787. The reason it is the best product available is because the best people in the world make it in South Carolina.”
- “I spent a lot of time with Governor [McMaster] and other people talking to Saudi Arabia about why you should pick Boeing. It will change the relationship of the United States and Saudi Arabia for the better. You [Saudi Arabia] will be seen differently in our country because you are creating jobs in my state, in our country. That makes it easier for me to go visit you. Because the more we have in common, the more business we do, the safer we all are. They didn’t buy the plane because I begged them to. They bought the plane because it’s the best product they could buy.”
- “Let it be said that the journey to the future of the Middle East ran through Charleston, South Carolina. That we were indispensable in making it happen.”
- “I have lived in this state all my life. I've never been more proud to be a South Carolinian than I am right now. Because the South Carolina workforce, Madam Ambassador, we can compete with anybody. You're going love these planes.”