WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) says that the illegal crossings at the border will continue to increase if the Biden Administration does not extend or replace the Title 42 removal authority, which is set to expire on Thursday, May 11.
- GRAHAM: “I think the rise of the radical Left has changed the Democrats’ ability to solve problems like illegal immigration.” https://youtu.be/1Fqn-t8bGGU?t=132
- GRAHAM: “The Left will not allow the Biden Administration to change polices that will slow down illegal immigration. He is held captive by the extreme Left. That’s why we have this problem.” https://youtu.be/1Fqn-t8bGGU?t=93
- GRAHAM: “In the last 90 days, there have been over 550,000 illegal crossings. They expect, after Title 42 expires, that to jump up from [between] 10,000 to 13,000 a day. This policy of repealing Title 42 and not replacing it is literally insane. ” https://youtu.be/1Fqn-t8bGGU?t=6
- GRAHAM: “The reason the border is so wide open is they stopped all the policies that work because the Left insisted that everything Trump did had to be reversed. Because Trump did it doesn’t mean it’s wrong. So I don’t see any relief in sight until the next election.” https://youtu.be/1Fqn-t8bGGU?t=197
- GRAHAM: “What did Trump do [with asylum]? He said you couldn’t apply for asylum in the United States, you had to apply outside of the United States, and we had the lowest illegal crossings in December of 2020. Now we have got the highest. Why? Because everything Trump did, Biden repealed.” https://youtu.be/1Fqn-t8bGGU?t=63
- GRAHAM: “The only reason we may not have an explosion of illegal immigration after May the 11th is that the cartels may slow down who comes in because they don’t want to ruin their business model. The cartels control illegal immigration completely and they may actually stop the surge because they think it might be bad for business to have a surge.” https://youtu.be/1Fqn-t8bGGU?t=213