My office can assist you in obtaining a greeting from the President. Please call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-5972, option 2.
To receive a presidential greeting, you must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizens Only. The White House will send greetings to United States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
- Advance Notice Required. Your request must be received six (6) weeks in advance of the event date. We make every effort to honor every request, but we cannot guarantee a greeting if this guideline is not met. (Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)
- Anniversary Greetings. Anniversary greetings are extended only to those couples who are celebrating their 50th (and subsequent) wedding anniversary.
- Birthday Greeting. Birthday greetings will be sent only to individuals 80 years of age and above.
- Other Greetings. A limited number of special occasions other than birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the Greetings Office will send appropriate recognition to United States citizens. These occasions include important events such as:
Wedding (send your request after the event)
Baby's Birth (must be born during the Donald J. Trump Administration; send request only after baby's birth)
Eagle Scout Award
Girl Scout Gold Award
Bar/Bat Mitzvah or equivalent occasion
When to Expect Your Greeting. In most cases, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately ten (10) days prior to the event.