Apr 26 2023
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina), Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, today spoke out against the Women’s Health Protection Act, which would require taxpayers to fund abortions on demand up until the moment of birth. Graham also talked about his proposal to protect unborn children from late term abortions, with exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother.
- GRAHAM: “After Dobbs, our Democratic friends are basically declaring war on the unborn.” https://youtu.be/9B2Ux5tnW3k?t=56
- GRAHAM: “Colorado, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont are passing laws with absolutely no restrictions. The Democratic bill [Women’s Health Protection Act] is of the same ilk, but taxpayer funded.” https://youtu.be/9B2Ux5tnW3k?t=117
- GRAHAM: “Your proposal, Mr. Chairman, puts America in a category I think most Americans reject: Abortion on demand up until the moment of birth. Taxpayer funded. I believe it is barbaric.” https://youtu.be/9B2Ux5tnW3k?t=232
- GRAHAM: “Forty-seven of fifty European Union nations limit abortions [on demand after] 15 weeks….Fourteen week limitations - France, Belgium, Germany and Spain. Twelve weeks - Demark and Norway... If you operate on a 15 week old unborn child, the standard practice is to provide anesthesia because the baby can feel pain. That is why 47 of 50 European Union Nations prohibit abortion on demand [after]15 weeks.” https://youtu.be/9B2Ux5tnW3k?t=143
- GRAHAM: “This is a moment for America to have some self-reflection on a very difficult topic. Why does most of the world, particularly Europe, limit abortion at 15 weeks? And why would we [United States] choose to be North Korea and China on this topic?” https://youtu.be/9B2Ux5tnW3k?t=367