Wes Hickman (202 224-5972) and Kevin Bishop (864 250-1417)
- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced school districts in Charleston, Georgetown, Richland, and York will receive federal grants to improve emergency response plans in schools.
- Charleston County Public School District will receive $430,738.
- Georgetown County School District will receive $109,731.
- Richland School District 2 will receive $242,310.
- Rock Hill School District 3 will receive $249,900.
The funds will be used to improve and strengthen emergency response and crisis management plans at the schools in each district. Additionally, training will be provided to school personnel, students and parents in emergency response procedures. School districts will coordinate with local government, law enforcement, public safety, health, and mental health agencies.
“Taking care of South Carolina’s students in the event of an emergency must be a top priority for us all,” said Graham. “These grants will help schools prepare students, staff and parents to deal with crisis situations. Additionally, they will enable schools to provide for the physical safety and emotional well being of our children.”