Wes Hickman (202-224-5972) or Kevin Bishop (864-250-1417)
– U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) will receive $3,746,102 in federal funding for airport improvements and equipment.
The funds will be used for:
- security enhancements including installation of perimeter fencing;
- acquisition of an aircraft rescue and fire fighting vehicle;
- modifications and improvements to the terminal building including updated flight information displays and acquiring a passenger boarding bridge;
- updating the airport master plan; and
- access road improvements.
The grant was made by the Federal Aviation Administration.