Wes Hickman (202-224-5972) or Kevin Bishop (864-250-1417)
WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced the Medical University of South Carolina will receive more than $7.6 million in medical research grants.
- $2,208,151 for oral health research.
- $2,190,000 for lipidomics and pathobiology research.
- $2,003,401 for general clinical research.
- $384,797 for heart and vascular disease research.
- $292,000 for drug abuse and addiction research.
- $251,120 for cancer biology research
- $208,050 for kidney disease, urology and hematology research.
- $73,000 for neurological disorder research.
The grants were awarded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.