WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today joined America’s Newsroom to discuss the one-year anniversary of the Biden Administration’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan.
- GRAHAM: “The likelihood of another attack on American soil and on American allies emanating from Afghanistan because of what Biden did is through the roof. We haven't ended any war at all – we started a new one.” https://youtu.be/v8ctg0MVUdE?t=39
- GRAHAM: “Al-Qaeda training camps are emerging in Afghanistan as I speak…We're repeating history and it was all avoidable.” https://youtu.be/v8ctg0MVUdE?t=123
- GRAHAM: “It was Biden's decision to pull the plug on Afghanistan against sound military advice. There were conditions in place for our withdrawal. The Taliban were not meeting those conditions. This was a political decision by Biden.” https://youtu.be/v8ctg0MVUdE?t=97
- GRAHAM: “You’ve got ISIS fighting al-Qaeda, and al-Qaeda is aligned with the Taliban. What do these three groups have in common? They’re radical Islamists. What have we learned in the last year? If you're a woman in a radical Islamic country, your life is miserable. We're teaching a new generation of young boys to disrespect women. They're starving to death because radical Islamists couldn't run a one car funeral. The conditions in Afghanistan are deplorable. Everything we worked for the last 20 years was wasted, and the training camps that existed before 9/11 are being re-established.” https://youtu.be/v8ctg0MVUdE?t=200
- GRAHAM: “It’s just a matter of time before terrorism in Afghanistan migrates to America and the likely path would be a broken southern border.” https://youtu.be/v8ctg0MVUdE?t=234