WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today made this statement on Senate passage of additional funding for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and other items related to the fight against COVID-19.
“This package is necessary and will help save a lot of small businesses from bankruptcy, accelerate much-needed testing, and help our hospitals and medical facilities which have been hard-hit.
“The lion’s share of these funds will go to replenish the small business program which has been highly utilized by our small business community. It allows employees to stay on the payroll and provides funds to business owners to help pay the bills.
“I also think it was a good investment to put additional funding toward testing as we will need to up our capability moving forward.
“There are better days ahead. Americans have always overcome challenges and I’m confident we will do so once again.”
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LEGISLATION:
- $320 billion in additional funding for the small business Paycheck Protection Program.
- $60 billion will be set aside for Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL).
- $75 billion for hospitals and healthcare provider reimbursements.
- $25 billion for expanded COVID-19 testing.
- Requires plan from states, localities, territories and tribes on how resources will be used for testing an easing of COVID-19 mitigation policies.