Wes Hickman (202-224-5972) or Kevin Bishop (864-250-1417)
- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced the South Carolina Attorney General’s office will receive a $400,000 grant to support the Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force.
The Task Force brings together federal, state, and local law enforcement and child welfare organizations to:
- Conduct reactive and proactive ICAC investigations;
- Develop a prevention education program;
- Establish a case management system;
- Develop standardized protocol for interagency referrals; and,
- Increase forensic and investigative capacity through training and the acquisition of specialized equipment.
The South Carolina ICAC Task Force was started in 1998, one of the ten original programs throughout the country.
The grant was awarded by the U.S. Department of Justice.